Monday, August 3, 2009

Make the most of living

while you're young and have the chance to take your chances



I'm balling up my fist and biting my tongue and clenching my teeth and squeezing my eyes shut. I'm doing everything I can to keep from lashing out.

---

I'll hold my breath till I turn blue, if it's what it takes,
I'll turn this car right around and go straight to where it all began.
Your promises are just excuses
"can we do this later?"
No, we can't.
My shadow and I are getting bored.

---

Dancing around the situation, playing chicken with the flame;
you'll dip your toe in, but won't take the plunge.
And I'm the cold water you're too afraid to test.

---

With my knees locked and my stomach churning, I look you in the eye. Once for confidence, twice for good measure. My tongue's dancing behind my lips, searching for the words.


---

It's in every blade of this bright green grass. In every ray of sunlight, I'm basking in you. You rush over me, slowly at first, like a warm spring rain. And suddenly, it stops. All is hushed- the calm before the storm.


I wish I would post these things when I write them, rather than weeks or months later. I look back at old posts, and remember why I wrote something, and get confused: ("That wasn't happening in April...?") I always write these in my notebook, then just post them on here whenever I get around to it. Too unorganized for my liking, but whatever.

No comments: